Tahar Mejri, who lost his wife during the deadly Nice attack that left 84 dead on Bastille day, yells in front of the Pasteur hospital in the French riviera town of Nice after he found out the loss of his son on July 16, 2016. The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the truck attack that killed 84 people in Nice on France's national holiday, a news service affiliated with the jihadists said Saturday. Tunisian Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, 31, smashed a 19-tonne truck into a packed crowd of people in the Riviera city celebrating Bastille Day -- France's national day. / AFP PHOTO / ANNE-CHRISTINE POUJOULATANNE-CHRISTINE POUJOULAT/AFP/Getty Images
Tahar Mejri, who lost his wife, Olfa Khalfallah during the deadly Nice attack that left 84 dead on Bastille day, yells “both of them” in front of the Pasteur hospital in the French riviera town of Nice after he found out the loss of his son, Kylian Mejri, on July 16, 2016. Tunisian Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, 31, smashed a 19-tonne truck into a packed crowd of people in the Riviera city celebrating Bastille Day — France’s national day. Getty Images

On Thursday, July 14, a 31-year-old Tunisian national and French resident; Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, who has been described as A-religious drove his lorry 70 mph for a mile and a half down a closed street in Nice France, killing 84, 10 among the dead were children.

He was not known to be on any intelligence agency list, and there has been no connection to Bouhlel and ISIS or any terrorist organization for that matter. Although, ISIS news agency Amaq released a statement calling Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel a “soldier of the Caliphate,” however no pre-attack photos or “last will and testament’” videos have been released to cement the connection beyond a loose and general claim of affiliation, which may or may not be legitimate. He was said to be known as a “petty criminal”. The Tunisian injured over 200 in the incident and many of those 200 remain in critical condition.

The nationalities of those involved in the innocent celebration of Bastille Day, France’s celebration of their independence, which had been planned as a four day celebratory weekend, has now become yet another in a line of terrorist attacks over the past two months (Medina July 5, Baghdad July 2, Dhaka July 1, Istanbul June 29).

Some of the victims who lost their lives were of African descent. Below you will see some photos of the victims who have been identified so far, and read their stories. We will continue to update this post as more names are made public and add photos of the victims as they are available.

olfa_khalfallah
Olfa Khalfallah. Facebook

Olfa Khalfallah is one of three Tunisian citizens identified as victims of the attack in a Facebook post by the country’s foreign ministry. She was born in 1985, the foreign ministry said. Her son 4-year-old Kylian Mejhri was also killed in the attack, Olfa’s friend, Angela Nissa, wrote on Facebook. Tahar Mejri the boy’s father, was frantically searching for Kylian at the children’s hospital, according to AFP. A photo shows him with his arms out-stretched, crying out for help finding the boy. “I have called everywhere, police stations, hospitals, Facebook and I can’t find my son. I have been looking for him for 48 hours,” he told AFP. “My wife is dead, where is my son?” Nissa said on Facebook that it was later determined the boy was also killed.

fatima Charrihi
Fatima Charrihi. Facebook

A mother of seven, Moroccan national and French resident Fatima Charrihi was the first victim of the attack to be identified, according to her son, who shared a photo of her identification card with the newspaper L’Express, she was described as an “extraordinary mum” by one of her surviving sons; Hamza, and she died at age 60.

Bilal Labaoui is another Tunisian victim, the foreign ministry says he was born in 1987.

Muhammad ben Abdul Qadr al Toukebri is the third Tunisian victim to be identified, the foreign ministry says he was born in 1958.

Photo's show Tahar 39 who lost his wife and 4 year old son Kylian (Killian) in the Nice Terror attack Nice France . Collect picture of Kylian See stroy y Jonathan Reilly picture from Paul Edwards
Kylian Mejhri wa only 4 years old when he lost his life in the Nice Attack. He is survived by his father Tahar Mejri. His mother, Olfa Khalfallah also died in the attack. The Sun UK

Mino Razafitrimo, a mother of two, Razafitrimo, 31, was originally from Madagascar. Her two children, ages 4 and 6, survived the attack. A friend told AFP she was a “joyous person very involved with the Malagasy community in Nice.” She was remembered by friends and family as down-to-earth, Razafitrimo worked for a company as an executive assistant.

Zahia Rahmouni was a resident of Algeria, Rahmouni, 70, was visiting her daughter and grandson in Nice, the Algerian foreign ministry said. Her daughter and grandson were also at the Bastille Day celebration, but survived.

(With information from Heavy.com)