In lieu of creating that perfect summer body, loving and vibing, men might find it harder to track down pieces that express their summer flavor. So I’ve tracked down some key summer essentials for the 2016 savvy man, with the help of a man of course. We’ve narrowed down some basic staples and some splurge worthy summer essentials.
When I think of a man in the summer, a couple of things come to mind: scent, style and body.
For scents try Replica a product that can be found at retailers like Sephora and let the fresh, clean notes of basil, lavender, tonka bean, and white musk evoke a familiar but forgotten moment—a visit to an authentic barber shop.
In the summer I think a man should have a signature scent like wood and sunset. As Askmen.com writes in their piece on the best woodsy colognes, wood is one of “earth’s many natural resources, and carries the most charming aroma, triggering a series of olfactory sensations in our system once inhaled.” It’s the perfect time to upgrade your seasonal scent to something more potent and refreshing, something that lingers, something hot and sexy.
The Motley Palo Santo is what gives you just that, as described on their cologne site the signature scent has “deep smoky wood notes, with a hint of suede and sweetness that make this fragrance bold and intriguing. Suede adds a warm sensuousness.” Grab your bottle, like yesterday, because summer is fast approaching!
Now that you have got your scents covered, I caught up with Aristokrat Records’ DJ Bally who made some recommendations for 2016 summer essentials for men for tech, music and style.
- Gadget: Amazon Echo is your fix for Siri, Ask Alexa can tell you everything from what traffic route to avoid to playing your favorite workout song!
- Music: Amir Obe gives your all the feels happening in the grey area with his conversational lyrics with relate-able, progressive and melodic beats.
- Movie: Warcraft, this fantasy film featuring humans and Orcs, allows you to release your inner geek and gamer. Watch this film with bae on a Netflix and Chill night.
- Gadget: Headphones Hifiman- 400i, turn the music all the way up
- Accessories: Rayban Avaitors Full Color
- Sandals: Zara open sandals
That wraps up our list of summer essentials gift yourself, or ask your girl to gift you one or all of the items listed above and you won’t regret it!
Tweet @NigerianReportr x @Ogabally your summer essentials for men for future curated lists!
Nigeria’s most electrifying DJ, DJ Bally is the genesis of a new breed of DJs coming out of Africa. A remarkable mixologist, he delves heavily in the production and engineering of mashups, remixes and original tracks mostly in the EDM genre. He also hosts a weekly online podcast called “Ballystic Radio” where he plays and speaks about all the latest music in all the various sub genres of electronic music today.
There is a revolution occurring for DJs in the African music scene and DJ Bally stands out at the forefront of that revolution.